GEOS-Chem Community Mission: to advance understanding of human and natural influences on the environment
The GEOS–Chem model is a global 3-D model of atmospheric composition driven by assimilated meteorological observations from the Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) of the NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office. It is applied by research groups around the world to a wide range of atmospheric composition problems, Central management and support of the model is provided by the Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling Group at Harvard University.
|Past releases||Current release: GEOS-Chem 12.9.3||Future releases|
- 06 Aug 2020: GEOS-Chem 12.9.3 is now available!
- 30 May 2020 Read the GEOS-Chem Newsletter, Spring 2020 Edition!
- 02 Apr 2020: The GEOS-Chem Youtube Channel has 100+ subscribers and a new URL: https://youtube.com/c/geoschem!
- 03 Feb 2020: View our GEOS-Chem "dry-run" tutorial at our GEOS-Chem Youtube channel!
- 17 Sep 2019: NASA/GMAO is now producing GEOS chemical forecasts (GEOS-CF) using GEOS-Chem coupled to the NASA/GEOS ESM!
- 14 Jun 2019: We have overhauled the GEOS-Chem wiki to make content easier to understand. If you miss the old front page, it can still be viewed HERE.
For access to all past GEOS-Chem newsletters, visit this page.
- GEOS-Chem welcome letter for new users
- GEOS-Chem overview
- GEOS-Chem basics
- Getting Started with GEOS-Chem
- Getting Started with GCHP (gchp.readthedocs.io)
- Running GEOS-Chem on AWS cloud (cloud.geos-chem.org)
- GEOS-Chem Guides
- GEOS-Chem Benchmarks
- GEOS-Chem species
- Submitting GEOS-Chem support requests
- List of GEOS-Chem bugs and fixes by version (as posted on our Github issue tracker)
- Submitting updates for inclusion in GEOS-Chem
- GCHP Main Page
- GEOS-Chem Adjoint
- GEOS-Chem coupled with WRF (wrf.geos-chem.org)
- GEOS-Chem YouTube Channel (youtube.com/c/geoschem)—contains tutorial videos