Biomass burning emissions
This page describes the options for biomass burning emissions in GEOS-Chem.
The GFED3 biomass burning emissions inventory has been the default biomass burning option in GEOS-Chem since GEOS-Chem v9-01-02 (November 2011). It was superseded by GFED4 in June 2015. You may still use GFED3 as a research option.
--Melissa Sulprizio 10:21, 18 February 2015 (EST)
The FLAMBE biomass burning emissions inventory was used in several research versions of GEOS-Chem, especially to provide modeling support for aircraft field campaigns. But it was never adopted as a standard GEOS-Chem biomass burning emissions option.
--Bob Y. 15:39, 13 February 2015 (EST)
Duncan et al "Seasonal" Biomass Emissions
See Bey et al . These emissions are now considered obsolete in GEOS-Chem.
Duncan et al "Interannual" Biomass Emissions
See Duncan et al . These emissions are now considered obsolete in GEOS-Chem.
- Duncan, B.N., et al., Interannual and Seasonal Variability of Biomass Burning Emissions Constrained by Satellite Observations, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D2), 4040, doi:10.1029/2002JD002378, 2003. PDF
- Hyer, E., FLAMBE Biomass Burning emissions for ARCTAS, 2008. PDF
- Lobert, J. M., W. C. Keene, J. A. Logan, and R. Yevich, Global chlorine emissions from biomass burning: the reactive chlorine emissions inventory, J. Geophys. Res., 8, 2999-3014, 2008.
- Mu, M., J.T. Randerson, G.R. van der Werf, L. Giglio, P. Kasibhatla, D. Morton, G.J. Collatz, R.S. DeFries, E.J. Hyer, E.M. Prins, D.W.T. Griffith, D. Wunch, G.C. Toon, V. Sherlock, and P.O. Wennberg, Daily and 3-hourly variability in global fire emissions and consequences for atmospheric model predictions of carbon monoxide, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 116, D24303, doi:10.1029/2011JD016245, 2011.
- Nassar, R., J. A. Logan, I. A. Megretskaia, L. T. Murray, L. Zhang, and D. B. A. Jones, Analysis of tropical tropospheric ozone, carbon monoxide and water vapor during the 2006 El Niño using TES observations and the GEOS-Chem model, J. Geophys. Res., 114, D17304, doi:10.1029/2009JD011760, 2009. PDF
--Melissa Payer 15:10, 21 February 2012 (EST)