History collections for methane
Previous | Next | Guide to GEOS-Chem History diagnostics
- Overview of History diagnostics
- Legend for History diagnostics
- Collections for History diagnostics
- History collections for advection and mixing
- History collections for aerosols
- History collections for budgets
- History collections for chemistry and photolysis
- History collections for convection and wet deposition
- History collections for dry deposition
- History collections for mercury and POPs
- History collections for met fields and related quantities
- History collections for methane
- History collections for species concentrations
- History collections for TransportTracers
- History collections for CO2
- Replicating the behavior of the prior timeseries diagnostics
- Adding new History diagnostics
The CH4 collection
The CH4 collection contains diagnostics for loss of CH4 and OH concentration for the CH4 specialty simulation.
Here is a sample definition section for the CH4 collection.
- If this collection is not already present in the HISTORY.rc file in the GEOS-Chem run directory for your selected simulation, you can copy and paste this into your HISTORY.rc file and edit accordingly.
- To prevent an individual field from being included in the diagnostic output, place a comment character # in front of the field name.
- Please see our Legend for History diagnostics page for more information about each of the collection tags.
CH4.template: '%y4%m2%d2_%h2%n2z.nc4', CH4.format: 'CFIO', CH4.frequency: 00000100 000000 CH4.duration: 00000100 000000 CH4.mode: 'time-averaged' CH4.fields: 'OHconcAfterChem ', 'GIGCchem', 'LossCH4byClinTrop ', 'GIGCchem', 'LossCH4byOHinTrop ', 'GIGCchem', 'LossCH4inStrat ', 'GIGCchem', ::
This table describes the diagnostic quantities belonging to the CH4 collection:
|Diagnostic name||Description||Units||Wildcards||Simulations||Notes||Bpch equiv.|
|LossCH4byClinTrop||Loss of CH4 by reaction with Cl in the troposphere||kg/s||
|LossCH4byOHinTrop||Loss of CH4 by reaction with OH in the troposphere||kg/s||
|LossCH4inStrat||Loss of CH4 in the stratosphere||kg/s||
|OHconcAfterChem||OH concentration after chemistry||kg/s|
The ConcAfterChem collection
The ConcAfterChem collection is listed on our History collections for chemistry and photolysis page.
The Metrics collection
The Metrics collection is listed on our History collections for chemistry and photolysis page.