Difference between revisions of "Quick Start Guide"
(New page: Getting Started with GEOS Chem Adjoint: Recently our group migrated from cvs to git. This little guide will show the steps to create a new user on our new server and download the latest v...)
Revision as of 20:05, 15 November 2012
Getting Started with GEOS Chem Adjoint:
Recently our group migrated from cvs to git. This little guide will show the steps to create a new user on our new server and download the latest version of GEOS Chem Adjoint. We assume that you have installed git on your system. If you need information on how to install git on your system, please refer to the guide here.
- Request an account by sending an email to our group. Please include your name, organization and a brief description of how you plan to use the code. Send your email to email@example.com
- Sign up for the GEOS Chem Adjoint mailing list.
- Review our policy on Distribution and Use.
- Create an account on GEOS-Chem wiki.
- You will receive an email letting you know that your account has been created. This email will contain a random generated password, please change it on your first log into the server.
- Now you can log in our server by going to http://adjoint.colorado.edu:8080
- Once you login, go to My Profile (Top Right Corner Icon) - Account and change your password.
- Now you are ready to download the code. Do so by typing this on a terminal
It will ask for your username (email that you used for registration) and your password, please note that if you have X11 session open it will popup a window asking for the username and password instead of asking it on the terminal. If you have any trouble or just need further assistance send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Now you should have a folder named gcadj_std. If you have it you are done. Now good luck with your work. We strongly encourage you to run the benchmarks following the GEOS Chem Adjoint Manual instructions. If you want to compare your result with our results please download our Benchmark Results.