Other tools for visualizing and analyzing GEOS-Chem output
GAMAP and other IDL-based software
NOTE: IDL, which is proprietary software, can be very expensive. For this reason, the GEOS-Chem Support Team and other GEOS-Chem developers are currently developing several open-source software packages (mostly based on Python) for GEOS-Chem data analysis and visualization. Please see our Python tools for use with GEOS-Chem wiki page.
The traditional GEOS-Chem visualization software is GAMAP. This package was customized to GEOS-Chem and is still heavily used today. GAMAP requires the Interactive Data Language (a proprietary package). For more information about GAMAP, please see:
- GAMAP web page
- GAMAP online manual
- Documentation for individual GAMAP routines
- GEOS-Chem wiki: GAMAP tips and tricks
Here is a list of some third-party tools that will let you immediately visualize data in netCDF and other common file formats:
- ncview: A useful tool for quickly examining the contents of a netCDF file.
- Panoply: Viewer for netCDF, HDF and, GRIB data
- List of software for displaying netCDF data