GEOS-Chem Community Mission: to advance understanding of human and natural influences on the environment
The GEOS–Chem model is a global 3-D model of atmospheric composition driven by assimilated meteorological observations from the Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) of the NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office. It is applied by research groups around the world to a wide range of atmospheric composition problems, Central management and support of the model is provided by the Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling Group at Harvard University.
|Past releases||Current release: GEOS-Chem 12.9.3||Future releases|
- 11 Dec 2020: A GEOS-Chem Google Scholar page is now available! Click 'Follow' to be notified of new publications. Contact Gongda Lu with issues or questions.
- 06 Aug 2020: GEOS-Chem 12.9.3 is now available!
- 30 May 2020 Read the GEOS-Chem Newsletter, Spring 2020 Edition!
- 02 Apr 2020: The GEOS-Chem Youtube Channel has 100+ subscribers and a new URL: https://youtube.com/c/geoschem!
- 03 Feb 2020: View our GEOS-Chem "dry-run" tutorial at our GEOS-Chem Youtube channel!
- 17 Sep 2019: NASA/GMAO is now producing GEOS chemical forecasts (GEOS-CF) using GEOS-Chem coupled to the NASA/GEOS ESM!
- 14 Jun 2019: We have overhauled the GEOS-Chem wiki to make content easier to understand. If you miss the old front page, it can still be viewed HERE.
For access to all past GEOS-Chem newsletters, visit this page.
The table below lists the various manual pages for GEOS-Chem and its related software packages.
|GEOS-Chem Classic||GEOS-Chem single-node implementation
(using 1-64 computational cores)
|Getting Started with GEOS-Chem|
on this wiki
|GCHP||GEOS-Chem multi-node "high performance" implementation
(using 100's - 1000's of computational cores)
|GEOS-Chem on the cloud||Instructions for running GEOS-Chem on the Amazon Web Services EC2 cloud-computing platform||cloud.geos-chem.org|
|WRF-GC||GEOS-Chem coupled to the WRF GCM||wrf.geos-chem.org|
|HEMCO||The Harmonized Emissions Component||hemco.readthedocs.io|
|GCPy||The GEOS-Chem Python Toolkit||gcpy.readthedocs.io|
|GEOS-Chem Adjoint||The GEOS-Chem adjoint model
(NOTE: maintained separately from GEOS-Chem)
on this wiki
- GEOS-Chem welcome letter for new users
- GEOS-Chem overview
- GEOS-Chem Guides
- GEOS-Chem Benchmarks
- GEOS-Chem species