Hg and POPs Working Group
All users interested in the GEOS-Chem mercury and persistent organic pollutant (POPs) simulations are encouraged to subscribe to the Hg and POPs email list (click on the link in the contact information section below).
Information on existing projects and future developments in aerosols will be posted here. We encourage user groups to keep their information up-to-date.
|Hg and POPs Working Group Co-Chairs||Lyatt Jaeglé and Noelle Selin|
|Hg and POPs Working Group email email@example.com|
|To subscribe to email list||Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|To unsubscribe from email list||Send email to email@example.com|
Current GEOS-Chem Hg and POPs Projects (please add yours!)
|User Group||Description||Contact Person||Date Added|
|UW||N. American nested grid Hg simulation development||Yanxu Zhang||July 5 2010|
|UW||Hg long-range transport and deposition over Alaska||Lyatt Jaeglé||July 5 2010|
|MIT||Development of a PAH and PCB simulation and assessment of climate change impacts on pathways to the Arctic||Noelle Selin||July 5 2010|
|MIT||Analysis of Wet Deposition and RGM to constrain Hg-Br chemistry||Noelle Selin||July 5 2010|
|MIT||Inverse modeling to constrain Hg sources||Noelle Selin||March 14 2011|
|Harvard||Hg(II) gas-particle partitioning||Helen Amos||July 6 2010|
|Harvard||Hg continental-scale source-receptor relationships||Bess Sturges Corbitt||August 2 2010|
|Harvard||Hg coupled atmosphere-terrestrial exchange and future climate change simulations||Bess Sturges Corbitt||August 2 2010|
|Harvard||Historical Hg simulation with fully coupled atm-soil-ocean model.||Helen Amos||March 9 2011|
|Harvard||Hg cycling in the Arctic atmosphere-ocean-sea ice-snow||Jenny Fisher||May 4 2011|
|Harvard||Long-term (30-year) simulation of Arctic Hg||Jenny Fisher||May 4 2011|
|Aarhus University||Comparison of Hg simulations to observations of fluxes across the air-sea interface.||Anne L. Soerensen||May 10 2011|
|Harvard||Fate of Hg released from products||Hannah Horowitz||September 22 2011|
|Add yours here!|
- Hg anthropogenic emissions options for the year 2006 or 2050 following SRES scenarios A1B, A2, B1, and B2 from Streets et al. 2009. (contact: Bess Sturges Corbitt, Harvard).
On-going Hg and POPs Working Group Developments
- Development of GEOS-5 0.5x0.667 nested grid Hg simulation over the N. American domain. (contact: Yanxu Zhang, UW).
- Implement NEI 2005 Hg emission inventory over US. (contact: Yanxu Zhang, UW).
- Option to use GEOS-Chem Br/BrO fields from Justin Parrella. (contact: Yanxu Zhang, UW & Justin Parrella, Harvard).
- Implement improved bromine explosion emission and chemistry in the Arctic (contact: Jenny Fisher, Harvard).
- Implement improved Hg reduction and re-emission in snow (contact: Jenny Fisher, Harvard).
Issues / Topics for Discussion
More discussion of the Hg simulation (code, issues, diagnostics) can be found on the Mercury page.