Getting Started with GEOS-Chem
The majority of content in this user manual has been migrated to https://geos-chem.readthedocs.io.
We will preserve the user manual content for GEOS-chem users who are still working with versions prior to 13.4.0.
On this page we provide information on getting started with GEOS-Chem "Classic." (In the future we will be migrating this manual to ReadTheDocs.)
Please see gchp.readthedocs.io page for information about how to download and run GCHP.
Please see hemco.readthedocs.io page for information about how to download and run HEMCO (if you want to run HEMCO in standalone mode).
Table of contents
- Minimum system requirements (and software installation)
- Configuring your computational environment
- Downloading source code
- Downloading data directories
- Creating run directories
- Configuring runs
- Output files
- Python tools for use with GEOS-Chem
- Coding and debugging
- Further reading
- GEOS-Chem overview
- GEOS-Chem Guides
- GEOS-Chem YouTube Channel — contains tutorial videos
- HEMCO user manual (hemco.readthedocs.io)
- GCHP user manual: (gchp.readthedocs.io