CHEMISTRY RELEASE -- ABOUT TO BE RELEASED!!
Will contain everything in v8-01-04 plus the following:
- Glyoxal chemistry (May Fu) (NOTE: This is an option which is turned off by default)
- Updated J(O1D) cross sections (Lin Zhang)
- Updated reaction rates (Jingqiu Mao, Dylan Millet, Palmer group @ U. Edinburgh)
- HO2 uptake (Lyatt Jaegle)
- Updated dust single scattering albedo (Randall Martin)
Three GEOS-Chem model versions were compared to each other:
|Color||Quantity Plotted||Met Field Type||Anthro Emissions||Photolysis||Chemical Mechanism|| Annual Mean OH|
|Red||v8-01-04 Run1|| GEOS-5 4x5
w/ "quick fix"
for optical depth
EMEP European emissions
BRAVO Mexican emissions
David Streets 2006 emissions
CAC Canadian emissions
EPA/NEI99 with ICARTT fix
EDGAR ship emissions
ARCTAS ship SO2 emissions
Anthro scale year 2005
|"old" jv_spec.dat|| "old" (mostly based
|Green||v8-01-04 Run2|| GEOS-5 4x5 version 5.1.0,
"reprocessed" met fields
|" "||" "||" "||11.099|
|Blue||v8-02-01 Run0||" "||" "||"updated" jv_spec.dat||"updated" chemical mechanism||11.817|
- v8-01-04 Run2 vs. v8-01-04 Run1 is a clean comparison between the GEOS-5.0.1 and GEOS-5.1.0 met products.
- v8-02-01 Run0 vs. v8-01-04 Run2 is a clean validation the new chemistry mechanism and updates that were added into v8-02-01.
- All runs used the same:
The output plots for Run0 may be downloaded from:
ftp ftp.as.harvard.edu cd pub/geos-chem/1yr_benchmarks/v8-02-01/geos5/2005/Run2/output