GEOS-Chem 7-day timing tests
On this page we provide information about the 7-day timing tests that were done to evaluate GEOS-Chem simulations.
7-day time tests
The GEOS-Chem Support Team has created a timing test package that you can use to determine the performance of GEOS-Chem on your system. The time test runs the GEOS-Chem code for 7 model days with the "standard" chemistry mechanism. Our experience has shown that a 7-day simulation will give a more accurate timing result than a 1-day simulation. This is because much of the file I/O (i.e. HEMCO reading annual or monthly-mean emissions fields) occurs on the first day of a run.
We have run 7-day time tests for both v10-01, v11-01, and v11-02 aka 12.0.0. To view the results of the tests, please visit the following links:
- Overview of the 7-model-day timing tests for 12.0.0
- Table of 7-model-day run times for 12.0.0
- Graphs of 7-model-day run times for 12.0.0
- Overview of the 7-model-day timing tests for v11-01
- Table of 7-model-day run times for v11-01
- Graph of 7-model-day run times for v11-01
- Overview of the 7-model-day timing tests for v10-01
- Table of 7-model-day run times for v10-01
- Graph of 7-model-day run times for v10-01