NOTE: This page is being actively edited right now and the information might be incomplete.
FlexGrid documentation by Jiawei Zhuang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1 Overview
- 2 FlexGrid Stage 1 User's Guide
- 3 FlexGrid Stage 2 User's Guide
- 4 FlexGrid implementation details
HEMCO's interface and regridding&cropping capability allow users to
- Set up a nested simulation over any custom domains without changing model's source code.
- Explicitly control each meteorological variable in configuration files to perform metfield experiments (an interface resembling GCHP).
FlexGrid implementation plan
The table below shows the implementation plan for FlexGrid:
|Stage 1: Read metfields by HEMCO||Enable the compile option "MET=flexgrid" to read any NetCDF-format metfields through HEMCO. This unifies "MET=geosfp" and "MET=merra2"||
|Stage 2: Implement custom nested simulations||Enable the compile option "NEST=cu" (custom) to allow custom nested simulations.||
|Stage 3: Grid-independent GEOS-Chem classic||Unify compile options "GRID=xxx" by moving all grid size parameters and resolution-dependent parameters to run-time configuration files.||No specific plan right now. Need to be traded off against the nested-GCHP development.|
FlexGrid for different types of users
User with different research focus and different computational resource can get different benefits from FlexGrid:
FlexGrid Stage 1 User's Guide
Set up run directory
Use FlexGrid functionalities
FlexGrid Stage 2 User's Guide
=== Issues to discuss