Overview of HEMCO diagnostics
- Overview of HEMCO diagnostics
- HEMCO diagnostics for full-chemistry simulations
- HEMCO diagnostics for the TransportTracers simulation
Brief overview of HEMCO diagnostics
A file named HEMCO_Diagn.rc will be included in each GEOS-Chem run directory that you create. This file lists the quantities that you want to archive as diagnostic output. You can archive any quantity computed by HEMCO (i.e. the container names listed in the HEMCO.log file) to diagnostic output. Typically you will want to save the following types of diagnostic quantities:
- Emissions for a given species, summed over all inventories and sectors (e.g. EmisCO_Total)
- Emissions for a given species, for a single emissions sector (e.g. EmisCO_Bioburn)
- Emissions for a given species, from a single inventory (e.g. EmisCO_EMEP)
The HEMCO diagnostic file name and archival frequency can be specified at the top of your HEMCO_Config.rc file, as shown here:
DiagnPrefix: HEMCO_diagnostics DiagnFreq: End
This will send HEMCO diagnostic output to netCDF files named HEMCO_diagnostics.YYYYMMDDhhmm.nc. You can also change the archival frequency to e.g. monthly with
DiagnFreq: 00000100 000000
or to any other interval.
For more information about HEMCO diagnostics, please see The HEMCO User's Guide: Diagnostics section.